Monday, January 30, 2012

Young love


I was always so sceptical about love and relationships, particularly young love. I always thought, what's the point?


It's not like you can be certain he/she is going to be the one you're going to marry. 
It's not like it's real. 
He only likes her because she's hot. She only likes him because he's cute.

It wouldn't last.

And here I am, years later. Nineteen and madly in love. What is love? Hell, I'm not sure if anyone knows how to define it. Is it the feeling of fondness for someone special? Is it when you're willing to do anything for that one person? Is it when you know he/she is the one you're going to marry?

What do I think? Love is subjective. There is no wrong definition of love. That's the beauty of it. Love is always right. I know most people would say I'm just another lovestruck teenager. Those older might think I'm just young and reckless. Those older might say I am young and I know nothing about what love is. Here is my question to them: You're claiming you know what love is then?

It just feels right. He makes me happy. He makes me sad. He makes me feel beautiful. He makes me laugh. He makes me cry. I don't know if he's the one I'm going to marry. I don't know how much time I would have with him. It could last forever, it could end tomorrow. I do know that I don't want to wait and wonder when I can find out right now. I love him and it doesn't have to make any sense.

Here's to young love everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me?