Wednesday, September 16, 2009

stress

stress :(


Tomorrow is the Merdeka celebration thing, and we went down for the rehearsal. So yeah with Su Ann having been sick and all, it was only today that we actually had a go at the whole thing. We weren't even done with the introduction when Puan Rabi'ah, who was there, commented on how we were using 'bahasa rojak', and we cannot do so. It was something like "You ni kan?" and blablah. The point is that we can't 'rojakkan' English with BM. The whole sentence must be either fully in English or in BM. The thing is, to us, that is how Malaysians speak, it is Malaysian. And she said she wasn't siding to BM or anything (she's a BM teacher) but we cannot use 'bahasa rojak'.


And, believe it or not, she actually said that it's like Merdeka and stuff, so we should use more BM in our script, no point in celebrating Merdeka if our minds are still being conquered. Now, I know my BM isn't that good, and I don't have anything against it. I appreciate the beauty of it. It's just that my English is better. But what I couldn't stand was her opinion on how we are still being conquered, judging by the mere fact that we use a lot of English. Did I mention that she's a History teacher too? So, yeah, do the math.


And Mrs Ganaser hasn't been in school :( Now, she is a teacher who lets us do things our way. She gives a short briefing an some guidelines but she lets us decide what we think would be best. It was she who has given us the chance to become the emcees again. I wished she was there today :( But, oh well. We can do it our way, like, to hell with what Puan Rabi'ah thinks, but we respect her. I think what we should do is see Mrs Ganaser tomorrow. I really hopes she comes to school tomorrow. She better does.


We tried editing our script so that it isn't 'rojak' but by doing so, the script has lost its true life and meaning. And we lost our spirits too.


I pray for the best. I hope it all works out.


"You hold me without touch, and keep me without chains,"
Anis L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me?